Has Gender Pay Gap Reporting (Private Sector) Stopped due to COVID-19?
Suspended for a year
Enforcement of the gender pay gap reporting requirements has been suspended for a year due to the coronavirus outbreak. (This applies to the private and charity sector in all regions. See information about the public sector in England here.)
Mandatory gender pay gap reporting applies to all employers:
• With 250+ employees in England, Wales & Scotland in the private and voluntary sectors
• Whose employees ordinarily work in Great Britain and whose contract is governed by UK legislation
Reporting requirements in previous years
The gender pay gap must be reported on the employer’s public website within 12 months of the 5 April 2019, and annually thereafter.
• Must contain a signed statement by a responsible person from the company stating the report is accurate
• Must be retained for three years online
• Must contain the mean, median and quartile pay gap and must contain the mean and median bonus gap